March : Spring Forward with Less Stress
Learn the Crockpot Basics!!
Banana French Toast
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 13 oz evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 c chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix bananas with lemon juice.
- Put half bread cubes into slow cooker. Top with bananas. Then layer the rest of the bread cubes.
- Mix together eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour evenly on bread cubes.
- Refrigerate bread 6-8 hours.
- Sprinkle bread with sugar (and nuts). Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours (or high 3-4 hours).
Spicy Breakfast Bake
- 2 lb ground italian (or hot) sausage
- 9 oz green chiles
- 4 corn tortilla, sliced in 1" strips
- 2 c shredded cheese
- 1/2 c milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 sliced tomato
- salsa and sour cream, to taste
- Brown sausage in skillet. Drain.
- Mix chiles, tortillas, sausage, and cheese in crockpot.
- In bowl, mix eggs, milk, and cumin. Pour over sausage mixture. Refrigerate several hours.
- Put sliced tomatoes over sausage mix. Cover and cook 7-9 hours on low (or high 3-4 hours0.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- 2 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c wheat germ
- 1/2 c chopped nuts
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c cranberry juice
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c dried fruit
- 1/2 c raisins
- Mix oats, wheat germ, nuts, and coconut in slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, mix honey, juice, butter, sugar, and vailla. Pour over oats.
- Cook uncovered on high 2-3 hours - stirring every half hour.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours - stir regularly to prevent burnt spots.
- Mix in fruit and raisins after cooled.
- Stir in airtight container.