Super-Yummy Superbowl!Nacho Cheese Dip
Don't just grab the can from the store, impress your friends with this easy-to-make homemade dip!
- 1/2 c beer
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 c salsa
- 1 stick Velveta, cubed
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- In a pan, mix beer, cumin, oregano, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix beans, salsa, cheese, and beer mixture.
- Place into crockpot, cover and cook on low 3-4 hours (or high 1-2 hours). When it bubbles, serve it with fresh sprinkles of cilantro!
- Goes wonderfully with our homemade pretzels....
Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
As a Carolina girl, I can tell you that it doesn't get any better than this!
- 1 c catsup
- 1 c chili sauce
- 1/4 c dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 lb boneless pork roast
- 8 buns
- In a pan, mix catsup, chili, mustard, vinegar, worcestershire, and garlic. Bring to boil, reduce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Marinate pork with mixture in a glass bowl - overnight.
- Place into crockpot and add 3/4 c water. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours (or high 4-6 hours).
- Shred cooked roast into pieces, place on bun and add barbecue sauce as desired.
Hearty Vegetarian Chili
....because we all have friends who eschew meat, but still love the game!
- 1 diced butternut squash (peeled)
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 chopped onion
- 28 oz diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 38 oz black beans (drained)
- 4 oz green chiles (do not drain)
- 1 c vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sour cream and cilantro, to taste
- Mix everything except cilantro in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (or high 3-4 hours).
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro, as desired.