Y'all know how history-crazy our family is....everything from Ancient Egypt to World War II....we've studied it all! We also love visiting reenactments, such as Colonial Williamsburg, because the kids retain so much more from living that history. So we decided this year to jump back in time once more, and give the kids something they've always wanted to do for the holidays..................Medieval Times!!!
While I've never been, my husband has been wanting to take the boys there for several years now. He has fond memories. :) And now we are!
As we're preparing for the trip, here are some fun things we've learned about Medieval Times.....
* All Knights begin their training as Squires - just as they did in the Middle Ages - learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
* Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
* Every shield must be repainted after every show.
* When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
* Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
* Our horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
* 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
* 400,000 gallons of Pepsi are consumed each year.
* Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand - about the load of 10 dump trucks.
* Medieval Times is the #1 breeder of pure Spanish horses in North America. You can find more information about their horses here...
Want to take your family, too? They've sent me a special code, just for our readers to use!! Check it out!
My Readers save at Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament. CLICK HERE and use this exclusive promo code MT3629 through 2/17/17 and receive Adults for just $36.95 and children (12 and under) only $29.95.