Cinnamon Candied Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 c sugar
- ½ - 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon (more, if you really like it)
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large ziploc bag
- Whisk egg white, water and vanilla in a large bowl until frothy (you can use a fork or electric mixer, either works just fine)
- Add pecans to large bowl and stir to combine, coating each pecan in egg white mixture
- Pour coated pecans into Ziploc bag, seal and shake to fully coat in cinnamon/sugar mixture
- Spread out in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes
- To freeze : Portion into freezer bags. Will keep up to six months.
- To reheat : Let thaw naturally on counter.
- 1 c flour
- 1 c cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c pumpkin purée
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/3 c buttermilk (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl; try to smooth out any brown sugar lumps
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a larger bowl. Add the dry to the wet, and mix until just combined.
- Turn into a buttered 9 inch spring form pan, (you could also use an 8×8 square pan) spreading out evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you’re using the 8×8 pan, make sure the center is cooked through. Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then remove and serve warm.
- To freeze : Let cool and portion into bags. Will keep up to three months.
- To reheat : Let thaw on counter. Reheat in oven or microwave.