Foreign language is best learned as a child...we all know that already. After much back and forth, my husband and I finally settled on Latin as the language that we would teach them because it has so many real-world applications in the science and history.
Click on the image to see how we came to choose Latin!!
- If you and your kids have been working on Latin, then you know there is a lot to learn! This economically-priced Latin Bundle includes a daily calendar and vocabulary flash cards for nine different sets of words (months / days, weather / seasons, body parts / senses, colors, numbers, animals, food, family, and holidays).
- Each set can be used as flash cards, or as a memory game (match word to picture). Use the daily calendar to practice everyday words, and you'll be surprised at how much is retained!
- Classical Academic Press has wonderful Latin programs for all ages and they also provide some great extras.
- ‘Latin Loaded‘ is a YouTube channel with short videos perfect for a quick Latin lesson.
- Song School Latin 1 & Song School Latin 2 w/ online games
- Play Race to the Colosseum with this fun game board – and practice Latin vocabulary while you play (also includes some other fun printables).
- If you use Visual Latin from Compass Classroom, this Latin vocabulary review game is what you need to review your vocabulary.
- You can even play online at Headventure Land from Classical Academic Press.
- Besides their YouTube channel and Headventure Land, Classical Academic Press also has a large selection of resources on their FAQs page (coloring pages, Latin charts, and flash cards). If you use any of their programs, their resources are perfect for review.
- Learning all those Declensions and Conjugations takes time – and I don’t want my daughter to forget all she’s learned so these Latin master charts from Family Style Schooling are perfect for reviewing vocabulary (and something we’ll be using to keep all the information fresh in her mind).
- Lesson Planet offers all subjects, including Latin. They have games, activities, and worksheets for all grade levels. Get a free ten-day trial with this Ten-day Free Trial link.
- How fun to read a favorite in another language!! Some options include :
Here is my son's twist-tie "Super Vir." I love how he takes his Latin and just applies it to....everything.