What's up? Well...the thing is, while you may see that $1.39 at the gas pump and do a little happy dance, we see the same thing and dread the day that it trickles down onto the oil & gas industry workers. That day finally arrived...and yes, that's us. What it means is that work has been scant since November, and the horizon appears to be more of the same.
On top of the forced homecoming, natural disasters seem to be targeting our house, and we recently got unexpected health news that was of the less-than-pleasant variety.
WHY am I telling you all of this? It's because I feel the need to explain why we changed our stance on advertising through the blog. While we always had a couple of little squares on the side, and showed you some cool stuff we were using in our homeschool, we've taken on a few more ideas as a way to keep the ground covered while we ride out this tide.
WHY should you care? The truth is, you may not. I understand. We all have our own crosses to bear. But I'm telling you upfront because I'm asking for help. Please hear me out...
HOW can you help? It's as easy as one-two-three...and it won't cost you anything that you weren't already planning to spend. (I promise!)
- Bundles - We are participating in two big bundle sales very very soon...one of them is a Homemaking Bundle and one is a Homeschooling Bundle.
- If you're interested in the bundles, and were planning to purchase them, please purchase directly through our links.
- If you're not interested, please share the information with your friends who may be. We will be promoting it through the blog, email, and Facebook.
- Buttons - Have you seen all the extra squares on the side of the page? These are all programs with which we are now affiliated.
- Our Amazon button works like this : you click on our link to start your shopping trip, and we get a small commission when you buy a product.
- The other square buttons are for products that we recommend. I only recommend those products that I have used, believe in, or that come highly recommended by my friends and readers. Feel free to ask us about a product, if you're interested. We get a small commission if you purchase through the button on our page.
- Educents - Here, you'll find products that we've created for homemaking and homeschool use. There are currently fifty-three products, many of which are Brick-Themed (Lego). We also have some goodies tucked away in the store... *wink*
NONE of these actions will cost you a cent (not if you were planning to make these purchases already), BUT they will provide us with a very small commission on that action. And every single cent adds up.
If you've read this far, we appreciate that fact alone. Times are tight all over, it's true. We all try to help each other as much as we can, because it takes a community pulling together to weather the storms..............especially when the house is flooded. Again.
And speaking of storms....I need to get outside. We have a chicken coop to finish and a garden to get planted before the next round moves through!
My mom always says, "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on!" For us, homesteading is the knot in the rope.
Who knows? Depending on how the winds shift, next year the Gypsy Road could turn into the Gypsy Home.....only time will tell!
Dear Readers..............we love you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We are not giving up...on the contrary, we are digging in our heels. But if a decade of having a special needs child has taught us anything, it's not to be too proud to ask, humbly. Please use the link above to accept our way of saying thank you.