In case you've been hiding in an underground bunker someplace, 2016 is an election year here in the United States.... It's a great time to dust off those civics lessons and teach them, when the kids can watch them being acted out (hopefully, appropriately) on center stage.
Here are some great resources to use this year - books, dvds, printable activities, and online activities. And if you're wanting to teach about the election in your school this year, you'll definitely want to come back tomorrow for a super-fly surprise!!!
- Eyewitness Kids : Presidents
- A Kid's Guide to Picking the President
- Smart About the Presidents
- So You Want to be President?
- Swing Vote
- Schoolhouse Rock : Election Collection
- Learn Our History : Election Day
- Presidents & First Ladies activities
- Presidents Lapbook
- Election Day Lapbook
- President Timeline Figures
Just for Fun!