The zoo is a popular stop in our family! We maintain a yearly membership and go often. But this year, we've started doing 'focused trips,' meaning that the kids pick one animal to focus their trip on. We interact with the animals' zookeepers, and get up close with the animals, whenever possible. Today, we're studying BIG CATS!
So far, we've studied :
- A Boy & a Jaguar
- Lions at Lunchtime
- Mr. Tiger Goes Wild
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today!
- The Tiger Rising (older kids)
- How the Leopard Got His Claws
- National Geographic Kids : Big Cats
- In Search of Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, and Tigers
Crafts & Fun
- Wild About Animals : Big Cats
- National Geographic (several resources, broken down by grade)
- How to Identify Big Cats
- Big Cat Rescue youtube channel
Love watching the boys all getting along at the same time!!