January and February are so COLD!! Sometimes, it feels like I'll never warm up! My best trick is to warm up from the inside out....hot beverages, soups, and sitting by the fireplace with a good book.
If you're not wanting to leave the house to pick up that perfect hot cup of tea or coffee, why not try one of these new boxes from Simple Loose Leaf and Single Cup Club? They also make great gifts!
Having a subscription to Simple Loose Leaf is like having a personal Tea Guru. Each month, a box of savory loose leaf teas is shipped right to your door for just $17. Each box has 4-5 loose leaf teas, 2 re-usable muslin tea bags and a beautiful card detailing your month's tea selection. You can try each tea and order more from their store with a 50% member's only discount!
- At least four loose leaf teas (including black, green, herbal, and another blend)
- Two reusable tea bags
- A few surprises
Our experience :
- The tea itself was delicious! The Bird's Nest Pu'er was unique and sparked an hour's side trip from our homeschooling day as we explored it's history and where it came from...and tasted it.
- It says that there are two reusable tea bags in each box, but we only received one.
- It says that there are "a few surprises" in each box, but all we received was what's shown...five baggies of tea and one mesh bag. Also, a card came with it describing each tea in detail. (Excellent attention to detail, which is helpful if folks have any allergies.)
- It's a nice box, but a little disconcerting that it doesn't include what it says it will on the main page. This is something that I would give as a unique gift, for the tea lover or person who has everything.
A few other notes :
- Shipping is free in the US
- All boxes ship out on the 1st
The perfect friend in the pursuit of amazing coffee, Single Cup Club is like having your own "guy" in the coffee world. Each month, a box of artisan coffees is shipped right to your door for just $19. You'll experience three small batch roasted coffees with each month's box in the convenience of Keurig-compatible single serve cups.
According to the site, each box contains :
Our experience :
- The box arrived with everything advertised.
- The coffees were very good! My husband's favorite was the Fogbuster, which is an extremely dark roast (his preference).
- The other two coffees were pretty good, more of a medium roast.
- When we broke down the costs, it came to $1.27 / cup for the subscription box. Our typical purchase is $0.68 / cup for online gourmet box. So that makes it double the cost.
- This is something that I would give as a unique gift, for the coffee lover or person who has everything.
- Delivered monthly
- Free shipping in the US