Holistic health refers to maintenance of the entire health of the person (all physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual systems) rather than just one aspect of health. It is well known that emotional factors, dietary factors, stress, and physical activity influence health.
Every illness has an underlying cause, often an aspect of the lifestyle, diet, or habits of the individual. A holistic practitioner looks for, finds and removes the underlying cause of a disease with non-invasive treatments, which minimize the risks of harmful side effects.
It makes good sense to me that energy and health care dollars should be put into preventing disease, so that less money will be required for treating disease.
Tips for Preventative Health
- Eat wisely for proper nutrition, energy, and optimal intestinal and overall health
- Get adequate sleep, following a regular sleep/wake cycle that works best for you.
- Exercise daily, preferably outside in the sun
- Practice exercise, meditation, prayer, and if necessary, stress avoidance.
- Do not use tobacco, alcohol, or other mood altering substances
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Minimize exposure to, or if possible, avoid environmental toxins in food, water, and air
- Take measures to play and laugh regularly, and to feel happy, grateful, and positive about your life and your self
- Help others and practice the “Golden Rule”
Take it to the Next Level
Learn more about preventative health at these sites :