When the holidays arrive, we get the itch to bake! We always bake up lots of treats and hand them out around town....as a gift, as a token of appreciation, and as part of our RACK mission. This year, we found these adorable Melting Snowmen Cookies!!
Here are a few of the Cooking with Kids Christmas projects we've done in the past :
- Easy Peasy Snickerdoodles
- Oatmeal Molasses Cookies
- Apple Ginger Snaps
- Peppermint Krispie Treats
- Cinnamon Candy
- Homemade Bread
- sugar cookies (make your own or pre-made)
- white icing
- black icing
- colored writing icing
- orange jimmies
- large marshmallows
- Cover cookies with white icing, allowing it to drop off the sides (creates melting effect). Let icing dry 30-45 minutes.
- Use black icing and orange sprinkles to create faces on the marshmallows. Get creative and give them character!
- Glue marshmallows to cookies with white icing. Using black and colored icing, give the snowmen buttons, scarves, arms, and other embellishments. Let dry at least two hours before transporting.
- Complete this melting snowmen craft while waiting for them to dry!
Pass your holiday spirit on!!!!!!!