Who wants to slave away in the kitchen during the holiday season?? Who even has the time?! With the make-ahead burritos, you'll have lunch or dinner on (very) short notice, and the peppermint patties are a fantastic option for that last minute gift. Just add a cute box and a bow!
Burritos (makes 48)
- 8 cans organic refried black beans
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 48 tortillas
- 16 oz salsa
- Mix beans, salsa & seasoning.
- Spread onto tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up. Either place in plastic bags or wrap in tin foil.
- Reheat : Microwave at 50% for 2-3 minutes.
Momma’s Peppermint Patties (makes 30…a 3 day supply)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp half & half
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Mix everything together until it’s creamy.
- Chill in the freezer until it’s firm enough to roll, and then form into 1” balls.
- Flatten on a lined baking sheet and re-chill (the colder the better).
- Melt 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips in double boiler.
- Dip each patty completely, then re-place on lined baking sheet and chill until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator.