This Month's Featured Resources...

Ten Days of RoadschoolingTeaching Kids About HerbsLego St. Patricks Day Mardi Gras

Thursday, November 19

Computer Age (Neil Young)

Short and sweet today....



We passed through central North Carolina en route from west to east, and I had the chance to catch up with an old friend.  You know how they say that the best friendships can pick right up where they left off, even a decade later?  It's true! 
E. and I were both in the same scholarship program, and had oodles of time to hang out during the mandatory 'bus ride across the entire state' excitement after freshman year.  It's a bonding experience...  We are complete 180's of each other, which always worked out nicely.
Today, he works for a company called SAS (which looked an awful lot like Google to me, from the outside).  If you're a computer person...I recommend checking it out for a job!!  Our boys were working on the Digital Technology badges for Boy Scouts (see their newly-minted page here), and I thought "Who better to help them with this than E.?"  He loved the idea...and the boys loved visiting!  I have to be honest, though, and tell you that about 3/4 of what he explained to the boys was Greek to me!!  I sure hope they understood!

At the very least, they did learn a few things this day, including what an awesome job you can have if you work hard and apply yourself.  They got to see things that I could never show them, and I got to take an old friend to lunch and catch up.  All in all, a beautiful Carolina-blue-sky kind of day!!!!!!
Post a Comment