This Month's Featured Resources...

Revolutionary WarScrap Crafting Lego History Latin Calendar

Sunday, October 18

Koru Naturals : All-Natural Review

As part of the TOS Crew I was offered the opportunity to review some products from Koru Naturals.  Using natural products is a choice we make whenever possible. With a bit of research, we can almost always find a natural alternative for various issues.  We tried out their Skin Clear CreamManuka Honey Propolis Soap, and Emu Oil Shampoo and Emu Oil Leave-in Conditioner.

If you haven’t heard of Koru Naturals, you’re in for a treat!  Koru Naturals offers all-natural, quality beauty products from New Zealand.  They use ingredients such as : emu oil, manuka honey, lanolin, tea tree, manuka oil, and rosehip oil.  One of their main ingredients is emu oil, which is full of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.  It has been used for centuries in New Zealand as an effective skin moisturizer.  Koru Naturals tests each batch of their products to ensure that it has all of the essential ingredients, and that they are the best quality available.

Skin Clear Cream
Manuka honey, burdock root, and thyme are blended with oil to create an all-natural cream that is ideal for acne-prone skin.  Continual use of the cream is supposed to restore the skin's natural barrier and protect against further damage.  While it was a little heavier than what I am accustomed to, the cream had a pleasant smell and didn't leave a greasy film.  I didn't notice my skin looking any younger, but have only used it for a few weeks so far.  It works well as a base for daytime and a facial cream at night.

Manuka honey and propolis are combined to make a gentle skin cleansing soap.  (Propolis is a resinous substance collected by honeybees from tree buds, used to fill crevices and to seal and varnish honeycombs.)  Both of these ingredients are known for their moisture and protective properties.  I loved this soap...it smells so good and didn't dry out my skin!  This is a good soap to use in the evening, followed up by the skin clear cream.

Designed specifically for damaged hair, the shampoo and conditioner set use emu oil for its protective properties.  The leave-in condition comes in spray form and also has keratin.  Keratin, a protein extracted from sheep's wool, serves to repair split ends, prevent breakage, and protect the hair by forming a protective tight film. The problem with rinse-off shampoos and conditioners is that keratin does not survive contact with water, and thus the protective film doesn't form and the keratin simply goes down the drain.  I liked the shampoo, and like the idea of the conditioner, but noticed that I had to use a wider-toothed comb to comb out my hair - unlike 'regular' conditioner, my hair didn't slip through the teeth of the comb easily.  However, after a couple of uses, I also noticed that my hair wasn't falling out as easily, so it must be working.

What I found:
  • I didn’t lose as much hair as I usually do.  With these products, I lost considerably less hair when combing out.
  • My hair didn’t feel as squeaky clean as it does with my normal shampoo products.  I could tell my hair was clean, but it felt a lot different. I had to use a wide tooth comb after washing it, generally I can use a regular size comb.
  • All in all, I have been very impressed with Koru Naturals products. I would definitely recommend them for their natural qualities and healing benefits.
These products are incredibly affordable, and Koru Naturals offers free domestic (U.S.) shipping with orders of at least $35.
Other Crew members were able to review these products from Koru Naturals :
Koru Naturals Review
See what others are saying about Koru Naturals at the Schoolhouse Review Crew!
Post a Comment