Slow Cooker Shredded BBQ Chicken
· 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 1 cup ketchup (I like Simply Heinz)
· 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
· 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
· 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1. Create homemade BBQ sauce by combining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and curry powder.
2. Add chicken breasts to your slow cooker and top with BBQ sauce.
3. Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours.
4. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker to mix with remaining BBQ sauce.
5. To Freeze : Place into quart-sized freezer bags and freeze.
6. To reheat, thaw overnight and warm in skillet or microwave.
I really don't recommend making this ahead of time. If you want any easy fix though, here is a simple mix......just add cabbage and mayonnaise!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup milk
1. Mix dry ingredients together. Add in the butter and mix until crumbly. (If you have one, you can use a KitchenAid or food processor to save time and effort). Add in the milk and mix until a ball forms.
2. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into biscuits.
3. To Freeze: Freeze on a cookie sheet for 1-2 hours. Then remove and place in a airtight freezer bag.
4. To Bake: Pull the desired number of biscuits out and let thaw for 30 minutes to an hour. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-12 minutes. You can bake them straight from the freezer but they won’t rise much.