· Digestive problems
· Heart disease
· Sleep problems
· Weight gain
· Memory and concentration impairment
It's not knowing what stress does that we need to focus on, but rather how to manage our daily stressors. It won't be the flight-or-fight stress that will get you - it will be the chronic, everyday stuff!
When you're frustrated and fed up and feeling like you have zero control in a situation, try one of these :
- listen to music
- get out into nature
- take time for yoga, meditation, or exercise
- talk it out with someone - better yet, laugh!
- go take a nap
- work on managing your time
- ...........if all else fails, remember how to spell stressed! *wink*
Take it to the Next Level
Practice yoga and the art of deep breathing on a regular basis. Incorporate it into your routine. Gaiam has a great yoga starter kit, or there are numerous guided breathing exercises for use during your daily commute.