Are you living your purpose in life? Do you even know what that means?? If you answer yes to several of these statements, you may want to step back and re-examine your direction.
· You’re not waking up excited in the morning.
· You have really “high highs” and really “low lows.”
· Your life isn’t entirely fulfilling you anymore.
· You’re surrounded by people who are bringing you down.
· You’re ignoring your dreams because you’re scared to move on.
· You’re working in a job that depletes you of energy.
· You feel stuck in the “rat race” but don’t know the next step.
Some tips to help you on the journey…
· Make your motivations intrinsic.
o As privileged and lucky as we are, society sets us up for failure because it motivates us with extrinsic incentives like fame, wealth, and beauty. Chasing these things is flashy and fun for a short time but ultimately unfulfilling. They’re like drinking salt-water when you’re thirsty.
· Live in integrity with your values.
o If you want to find and live your purpose, you need to know what you stand for. I’ve found that the best way to know what you stand for is to get clarity on what it is that you value. What’s important to you?
· Avoid the trap of validation.
o We can’t ever completely conform to someone else’s vision, and this is how inner conflict originates. When people start to feel a discrepancy between the image they’re projecting and their authentic selves, MAJOR conflict arises within them.
Take it to the Next Level
- · Your values
- · Your strengths
- · Your passions
The key is to figure out how you can combine your passions and strengths in service to a cause, person, community, or organization other than yourself. Do that, and your values will fall into place.