We've got two great recipes for you this month, based on what's currently in season. Bon Apetit!
Crusted Tilapia & Homemade Fries
- Tilapia (6 fillets)
- Cornmeal (1/2 cup)
- Paprika (2 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Potatoes (8 medium sized)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Seasoning Salt (to taste - at least 2 tsp)
- Combine cornmeal, paprika and salt in a bowl. Put tilapia fillets in the mixture, patting well to ensure even coating. Then place on baking pan.
- Slice potatoes evenly into 1/4" slices. Mix olive oil and seasoning in a bowl, then put potatoes into bowl and thoroughly cover with oil. Place onto baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 400 on a greased baking sheet for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Potatoes should be done at the same time as fish!
Freezer Assembly Instructions
Place fish, cornmeal, paprika and salt in a large freezer bag and shake well to evenly coat fillets. Place in freezer. Note - the chips do not freeze well. Cook them the day that you want to eat them.
Thaw and Cooking InstructionsRemove from freezer and thaw in the refrigerator. Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Summer is the best time for savoring foods, but if you have more berries than you can eat quickly, consider making some freezer jam. It's super easy, very yummy, and makes a fantastic gift! We typically triple or quadruple this recipe, if we are able to get bulk produce during peak season.
Ingredients for Strawberry Jam:
- Ball Canning Guide (optional)
- 4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. water
- 1 package dry pectin
- 2 c. crushed strawberries