The final goal of speech therapy is carry-over and independence. As a parent, it's very frustrating when your child is performing correctly in a speech therapy setting, but seems to be making no progress at home. There are several factors that play into this scenario of frustration and failure...
The First Factor : A lack motivation on the child’s part. It's difficult to blame them for this because we must learn to motivate even the most difficult child.
The Second Factor : The second factor is parents not having the time and/or patience to do the work. We understand what our child is saying, but often forget that others do not.
Here are some fun, easy, and FREE resources for you to use with your child to reinforce that carry-over process.
- Speech Therapy Resources for Homeschoolers
- Speech Therapy - Articulation Resources
- Conversational Practice for /S/, /CH/, and /J/ - printable workbook with practice 'news stories'
- Halloween Jokes - six Halloween jokes and a Halloween book template
- Articulation Mad Libs - for carrying over /R/ - super silly fun
- Action Statements - for carrying over /L/ - get your body involved!
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters - general conversation at the table
- Articulation Mad Libs - for carrying over /SH/ sounds
- Dinner Time Story Starters - general conversation at the table
- Articulation Mad Libs - for carrying over /CH/ sounds
- Speech on the Beach - activities for continuing speech therapy through the summer