I scream, you scream, we all scream for..........a vacation!
Safe & Secure
- It's easy to get lulled into the comfort of thinking that your hotel is as safe as home, but that would be very very wrong. Check out our Public Service Announcement on Family Travel Safety.
- You've probably been stranded in your car before...whether from a flat tire or a traffic jam...but what if disaster struck on a car trip? Would you be prepared?
- Road Rage No-Nos : You haven't experienced true impatience and frustration until you've sat in the car, on the parking lot that they call the interstate, for four hours. With two kids bickering in the backseat. With the car parked. And everyone has to pee.
To Your Health
- Some people can sleep anywhere, but travelling often throws kids off-schedule. Here are some tips for Sleeping Well on the Go.
- When you're traveling, take three minutes to stretch at each pit-stop. It might add some time to the drive, but your kids, your body, AND your spirits will love you for it!!
- Healthy eating on the road can be very tricky! It's so easy to fall into the trap of fast food and convenience foods, especially on long travel days, when your only stops are at the gas station or to pick up a quick bite.
- When you're out on the road, getting sick just isn't an option. Who wants to spend their vacation trapped in a hotel room, or worse - in the hospital?
- Taking a few days off can be rejuvenation for your body, but it's important to remember to get some exercise. Here are tips for Hotel P.E.
- Ran out of your favorite spa products? Or forgot to pack them? Try these quick cheats from hotel freebies...
School on Wheels
- Learning is so much more effective when you're living what you're learning. Stop by our unit studies page and see if there is a free unit about where you'll be going / what you'll be doing. If not, consider creating your own!
- If you decide to start travelling full-time with your family (it's a fantastic way to school!!), here are some Words of Wisdom from Road-Schooling Moms.
- Packing provides a great chance to practice counting, sorting, and responsibility! Here's a handy-dandy kids' checklist for you.