Tiny Steps Tuesday : Squats Challenge
By now, you've started eating healthier and incorporating some cardio into your weekly routine. Now it's time to start toning and tightening. You might ask...WHY???
- Builds Muscle - Gives you stronger legs, and also stronger core muscles.
- Burns More Fat - Gaining muscle revs your body's metabolism, hence more fat-burning.
- Makes Life Easier - Squatting is a basic human muscle function, and we've been doing it since our hunter-gatherer days. Practicing it helps to promote mobility and balance.
- Prevent Injury - Most athletic injuries involve a muscle imbalance - squatting helps to strengthen the ligaments and connective tissues, as well as improve range of motion.
- Waste Removal - Strength training improves the pumping of bodily fluids, which aids in waste removal from organs and glands.
- Boost Performance - Squatting helps you to jump higher and run faster....like when you're chasing a two-year old.
- Tone Your Backside - .....who doesn't want to be bootylicious? *wink*