Tiny Steps Tuesday : Drink Water
The human body can live four to six weeks without food, but only three to five days without water! It is essential to everyday functioning...water carries nutrients to our cells, aids digestion, lubricates joints, cushions the organs, controls temperature, and flushes toxins from the body.
While any fluid can count toward general hydration, most are full of added sugars, preservatives, and artificial ingredients -- water should be your first choice.
- Determine how much water your body requires
- Drink a glass of water each time you use the restroom
- Drink a glass of water before each meal
- If you don't like plain water, try using an infuser to add herbs or fruit flavor
- Get a good water bottle, such as Clear2Go, CamelBak, or Berkey
Take it to the next level
Add lemon to your water for a boost of Vitamin C, which helps to build collagen and keep skin firm. Lemon also helps to boost digestion and metabolism, burning more calories throughout the day!