Homemade Chocolate Candies
These are super simple to make, and can be customized to your favorite flavor! With Valentine's Day around the corner, this is an easy project to do with the kids.
- 2 boxes Semi-Sweet Baker's Chocolate
- Essential Oil : mint or orange
- Double Boiler
- Candy Molds (leaves)
- Lego-shaped Candy Molds
- Child's Baking Set
- Put water in your main pot and turn on high. Allow to boil.
- Place the double boiler inside the pot, and put the chocolate square in there.
- Give it a few minutes to begin melting. Stir occasionally.
- Allow to melt completely, then put in drops of your essential oil, to flavor the chocolate. Stir well.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate into the molds. (This is a mom job.)
- Place onto a cookie sheet and put in the freezer to harden.
- After chocolate has cooled, pop out the candies!
- We store the chocolate in the fridge for a longer life.