Yesterday, we brought you some quick & easy treats to whip up with the kids. Today, we're featuring a sneaky cookie....they're good for you and won't make your kids have a sugar crash. Plus, they taste like a cookie should!
But don't take our word for it...try them out!
Apple Ginger Snaps
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (for topping)
Grating fresh ginger
- Mix sugar, oil, molasses and applesauce.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients except oats.
- Combine the two bowls, and thoroughly mix.
- Pinch of pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Once all the balls are on the pan, use your palm to flatten them.
- Sprinkle with rolled oats.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
We used the leftover dough to make a mini-pie. It was delicious!