How about a simple cookie recipe to bring to that New Year's Eve party? These will help you kick off the New Year with healthy intent....
Oatmeal Molasses Cookies
- 2 c. all purpose wheat flour
- 2 c. oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and molasses.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking rack.
These healthy cookies are so good that Cookie Monster is chasing them!