Blackbeard rose again, however, to begin reading to Maynard about Shipwrecks and sunken treasures. We learned about underwater archaeology and how artifacts are affected by where they sink. (See video below)
Once we got piracy out of our systems, we switched gears to marine biology. For this unit, we read Seabird, Pagoo , and Magic School Bus - Food Chain Frenzy. We completed their respective lapbooks and made lots of ocean art!My older son created a food chain for both land and sea. I particularly liked the double-arrow, where the humans eat the sharks...and the sharks eat the humans.
Here is the underwater archaeology video about resurrecting the Queen Anne's Revenge.
- Ocean Animals book - emergent (free)
- Ocean Mazes (free)
- Notebooking pages (free)
- Ocean Diorama craft (free)
- Magic School Bus - Food Chain Frenzy
- Food Chain Frenzy lapbook (free)
- Pagoo lapbook (free)
- Sea Stars pages (free)
- Deep Sea matching game (free)
- Nim's Island DVD
- Recycled Sea Life Creatures craft (free)
- Recycled Jar Lid Fish craft (free)
- Designing an Ocean Habitat - older kids (free)
- Overfishing info - older kids (free)
My airplane lover discovered in one of his books that there is a light craft called the Seabird. Here is a video we looked up to learn more about that plane. It has great visuals!