This Month's Featured Resources...

Ten Days of RoadschoolingWWII Activity PackLego Easter Mardi Gras

Sunday, May 11

2120 South Michigan Ave (Rolling Stones)

Wrapping up our Michigan trip, we took a step back in time to the 1970's...a time of turmoil, a time of disco.  We visited the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum in Grand Rapids (not to be confused with the Presidential Library, located in Ann Arbor), where the kids learned about Watergate & the Bicentennial, and I learned that Ford had run for re-election against Carter.  (I had no idea!)  One of the reasons that I love teaching my children is that I get to learn so much myself.  My children are quite inquisitive, and it takes a lot of work to keep ahead of them!
 
We needed to get back to the hotel and pack for the long trip back home.  However, someone forgot to give Bessie (our car) the memo, and so we had to make an extended pit stop.  It happens!
We finally got Bessie stitched up and the kids spent the afternoon making Paddle-to-the-Sea collages while mom did laundry and packed.
The Dover company is known for creating high-quality coloring and activity books.  Their cut & assemble books are wonderful for older children, who are no longer happy with simple coloring books.  At each of the Presidential Libraries, the kids have seen, and asked to add, The White House Cut & Assemble to their collection.  I might be inclined to do so at our next library, if only for an indoor evening activity.

Free Presidential Resources :
Post a Comment